Saturday, January 2, 2010

Why I love Fargo (11.06.06)

1. Crossing Streets. When you're on campus, you don't have to look both ways. You can just go. While not the safest practice, it works. And works well. If you're in Fargo, try a Run Across. Six lanes of traffic, meet ya in the turning lane.

2. Wildlife. Boy do we have it all here. Between the 3 billion squirrels and other rodents that dash across the grass, the colonies upon colonies of bees, and your occasional pigeon, I could start my own nature show.

3. Pointless trips 'into town.' I live IN dickinson. But here, you have to drive 5 minutes to get to the main area of Fargo. Even better when all you need to do is get off campus because it's not amusing at that point in time.

4. Need someone? I live in Burgum, and fortunately, have friends on every floor. Depending on my degree of excitement, I can dash all the way up to third, or simply go a couple doors down. I can even text them if I so choose to be REALLY ambitious.

5. Free Movies. Each Weds, Fri and Sat, they play some sort of movie. It's free, however, you do have to deal with the fact that the lamp needs to be changed...

6. Crazy Lunchladies. They have all kinds here: the sweet ones who greet you each time they see you, ones who apologize profusely when they run into you, and ones who hate the world and all its inhabitents.

7. Constant Noise. I don't do well in quiet environments, I myself am not a quiet person. The constant noise of first floor is a beautiful thing. Except noises of (as Christa's roommate puts it) sextasy. Those I could do without.

8. 93.7 I am guaranteed to hear "Lips of an Angel" at least once while I am out driving. And, unlike, the rest of the general population, I have never gotten sick of the song.

9. Paul and his Billboard The happiest man on the morning show for WDAY. Everytime you see him, he makes you feel as though all is right in the world. Or that he's the biggest bozo you'll ever meet.

10. People. A lot of amusing people live in Fargo, or around here. I see them a lot more than I would if I was in Dickinson. A lot of crazy people live here. And I'm just getting used to all of 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment