Saturday, January 2, 2010

Once Upon a Party Bus (12.22.08)

Well ladies and gents, my roommate is officially 21. After stopping at numerous drinking establishments, a chain smoking bus driver that could rival Myrna (Rachelle assures me Myrna will never be beaten), and far too many randoms that hopped the bus (who BG would have fought, had we given her the chance), the night was complete.

For those of you who couldn't come due to inclement weather, previous engagements, or merely didn't understand the gravity of the situation, I got a little recap of some of the more interesting happenstances of the night. Just to make you a little jealous.

"There's another party bus! Who's better? We are! Let's go show them we are the better bus!" None other than birthday girl herself. I have the feeling they showed them exactly who was the better bus that night at Chub's. So much that nobody dared mess with us. She could probably coach high school sports. I would like to add a side note that of all the bars I sat outside of, Chubs was definitely the one where I felt the least safe.

"What did I win?" Here's a fun game. Birthday Girl needs the gallon of water because she is more than a little dehydrated. So shout out, "First one to find the water wins!" Watch in amusement as all the drunk members of the bus frantically start searching for the water jug. Julianne comes up victorious, yelling, "Here it is, here it is!" But then be ready for the question. What does she win? Because I wasn't, and Julianne was more than a little disappointed that there wasn't actually a big prize.

"So I get to babysit the entire NDSU football team. Good." Rachelle Hadland. Imagine trying to keep your group together so that none of them get stolen or leave due to their own free will. Then imagine nine football playing (what did they get called? Oh yes) five dollar footlongs enter the bus and try to shake that cohesiveness you worked so hard for. So you pick up someone's bottle of UV lemonade and take a pull (doesn't really matter whose...the closest available). But how would you act out? Obviously.

"Christa Kiedrowski is 21 tonight! And she is trying alcohol for the first time!" Hoo boy. So somehow the DJ at the Holiday Inn lounge discovered it was Christa's birthday, and announced this for the entire dance floor. Which proceeded to cheer for her. Christa was amused to see how many fans she had. I was amused to see how naive the DJ was.

"It smells like cigarette smoke in here!" Shouted again, by Julianne. Who had somehow missed Jack, our bus driver, who hadn't given the index and middle fingers on his left hand a break since the night began. So you can imagine why we were a little concerned when he up and left the bus for 15 minutes at Rooters. Obviously not a cigarette break. I think he needed a double shot of JD to make the night a little more bearable for him. But it was precisely then that everyone tried to leave the bus. A bunch of trapped intoxicates isn't a good situation.

"I swear to God, if they do that, I will personally drive down before bar close and beat a bitch down." All right, Haylee, I know you weren't actually at Christa's birthday but that text message served for a bit of intimidation factor. And you were right. It was definitely funsies. haha.

"Can I go dance for the bus driver? Please please please please please please!" The night is coming to a close, and Rachelle and Christa are coming out of the OB. One of them (I will leave the guess up to you) is swinging their cardigan above their head and tried to make a breakaway for another party bus. The other one is holding her around the waist and dragging her back to our bus. Allison got the pleasure of holding her by the back beltloop. Whenever she tried to make another break for it, Allison just pulled her back to her bus seat. It was ingenious.

"Where the fuck is Whitney?!" All right. So the night is over. I'm driving home and Rachelle and Christa are in the backseat. Chelle is gonna stay with us. Christa realizes something wasn't right with the night. Cue quote. Cue explanation that we will find her in the morning. Chelle and I are sitting in the living room, when from the depths of the bathroom we hear this shouted again. Explanation doesn't work so well this time. Obviously Whitney has disappeared. Whitney gets a voicemail that says Christa is alone. Of course, she forgets that happened, and asks this question a few more times throughout the early morning.

I have the distinct feeling that Fargo is in for a semester of trouble. But what the heck. Happy Birthday Christa!

No comments:

Post a Comment