While I love Fargo and probably wouldn't trade it for any college in the world, there are just some things that I love about going back home. Such as....
1. Seeing ALL of my friends. It's so weird not to see the people I've gone to school with for the last 12 years on a daily basis. Although this doesn't stop me from THINKING I see them around campus, or getting the urge to run down the hall, positive they are there.
2. "Dickinson State University: What Limit?" Our fair city loves to engage in various activities of the alcoholic variety on a regular basis. The best part is, you can remain completely sober and still partake in the festivities of those who aren't so much. Any night of the week. And it probably doesn't have to be a night either.
3. Going to the "Mall". Only one place that I can think of that has a collection of about 7 stores inside a building that proudly bears the title "mall." We also are quite proud of our space available for rent inside this mall that usually outnumbers the stores.
4. Road Construction. While it's a tad annoying, (well okay, I get the urge to scream every time I pass through it) Dickinson enjoys shutting down main roads, and adding a four way stop where a stop light used to be. This backs up traffic for a few blocks. Sort of adds that "urban city" flavor to small town life.
5. Creepers. Yep. We got 'em. Dickinson, unfortunately, is not immune. However, we only have one at a time, which provides countless hours of entertainment hunting for him. Because on the off chance you find the creeper, it will be the one you're looking for, not just another many of the city.
6. Living Room complete with a PICTURE WINDOW. There is just something about having a place with carpeting, a couch, and a picture window. Here I sit in the lounge but it's not quite the same. In fact, it isn't even close to my house. (Although both places have a severely out of tune piano in them)
7. Meals are 10 steps away. Here it's roughly ten minutes, braving the elements. When it's cold, you can try and cut through buildings, but the architecture students didn't build a door on each side of their building. So you end up backtracking.
8. Family Meetings are now Floor Meetings. Family meetings consist of who gets to share the chore duties…floor meetings address those girls who feel it necessary to spread their bodily excretions on the walls.
9. Walking Around Barefoot. Yep. Showers now involve footwear…and I don't really like walking on my floor without shoes either. And I hate shoes. So coincidentally, I usually end up leaving my shower shoes on while I'm dressed up. Always classy.
10. Dancing in the Front Yard. I have this not-so-mature habit of dancing in my backyard when I am on the phone. It amuses me, and keeps me doing more than one thing at the same time. Here, there is no backyard. I generally dance in the lobby. I generally look like an ass.
No comments:
Post a Comment